Friday, October 17, 2008

New Ghost Cake episode: The Unbodied Debut

Here's another episode I've put my heart and soul into (or, if I believed in souls it would be in there). For this episode I wrote and directed a radio play. A horror radio play. I was inspired by those old radio programs from the thirties and forties that would come out with scary stories every week, or sometimes every day. They would have a diverse array of stories. Sometimes they would be predictable but sometimes they would be so entirely weird and offbeat that it made up for the conventional ones. I think horror and science fiction was (and still is) an arena to develop offbeat ideas. It can often be a mirror, reflecting societal values in a different light.

I don't really deal with any flawed societal mores but I did have a great deal of fun making this show. I had to come up with actors and make sound effects. It was difficult to put together but I enjoyed it. I might do at least one show like this every month. I was also considering having a section of the show be devoted to bizarre and unique locations in Utah. I think most of the people who listen to the show are from Utah, but maybe others would be interested in that sort of thing.

Yeah, go take a listen to the show on iTunes by searching for ghost cake. If you don't have iTunes you can get it direct from this site: lordshipslimbs.podomatic.com.

Let me know what you think about it.

2 comments:

$teve said...

Hello there Geoff, this is $teve, the tall guy that moved to Denver that visited the other night. For some reason your podcast only went for about two minutes on my computer then stopped. It's probably just my computer though, so I'll try to figure it out.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I like what you got going on this blog here. Keep up the great work!!! :)

Alex said...

"Getting catalogs with slightly homoerotic apparel is much different from getting a box full of dead flies."
Best. Quote. Ever.
Loved the show.