Monday, October 13, 2008

Fall Fell Too Soon

Indeed. This time last week it was beginning to get colder, and just yesterday it snowed. Not just a little bit either, enough to cover the ground. To make matters worse, the radiators have been very conservative in their doling out of heat. According to said radiators, it isn't necessary to be warm in the middle of the night. Or most of the day, for that matter. The thermostat is controlled by the people living downstairs, so I hope they decide to stop messing around with it so I don't have to wear a coat all the time in my apartment.

Fall has crumbled. It is way too early for the weather to be this cold. Leaves are still on the trees! At least this year I am ready for the change. I got my spiffy new coat a few weeks ago and the decrease in temperature has enabled me to test out the warmthness of it. Check. I picked up some new gloves at Savers, along with some sweaters, and they are warm. Check. I even have several scarves to use and hats. This year when I see old man winter doing his thing, I'm gonna kick his ass.

This is my favorite time of year. I like the changing of the colors. I think the oncoming of Fall would be much less dramatic in other places, especially big cities, because here the mountains burst with orange, red and yellow this time of year. It's like a ticker tape parade for the outgoing summer. I also like this time of year because the days get shorter and the light gets dimmer, perfect for a creepy Halloween. And layering clothes is always fun.

I don't know if this means the coming winter will be colder than usual or if it's just a freak storm that blew in, but I hope we have a few more crisp Autumn days before it gets really cold.

No comments: